Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need a good tuna salad recipe that does not have mayo?

also allergic to wheat, eggs, and soy. Thanks in advanceI need a good tuna salad recipe that does not have mayo?
For a great variety of Recipes go to reicpezaar. com. I used this website to plan menus for Meals on Wheels and they have a ton of different ideas. Two recipes i used were a lemon pepper tuna and a marinated tuna salad.I need a good tuna salad recipe that does not have mayo?
I use Newmans organic Italian dressing, along with a chopped up sweet pickle...it's great! I'm not a mayo fan, so that's always been my preference.
I know this might sound gross to some but i put my favorite salad dressing on it. at the moment its honey dijion. tastes awesome.
1 can of tuna (drained)


1 3/4 cup salsa


3 small flour tortillas





Mix first two ingredients together in small skillet and heat through. Nuke the tortillas for a few seconds. Divide tuna mix three ways. Yummy. You can also add lettuce, cheese or hot sauce as you like.





If you are looking for more of a tuna salad type recipe...





1 can tuna (drained)


long squirt of yellow mustard


1/2 small onion


juice from 1/4 lemon


dash tabasco sauce (green is best)





serve on wheat thins
put whatever vegetebale u want.. then mis with tuna and put lemon and olive oil mmm
I am also allergic to eggs and I substitute plain yogurt for the mayo.All I add to the tuna is red onion,celery,salt and pepper.
mix the tuna with celery , cucumber and whatever other vegie you want. maybe add a little pepper or onion powder. mix in some pasta that is safe for you to eat. its good just like that. tuna isn't dry so there is no need to add any dressing.
I hate mayo! I use lemon (fresh) juice and add some celery and red onions. If the tuna is packed in water I add a little olive oil.
I never use mayo.





Instead, I add chopped black olives, chopped onion, chopped celery and chopped artichoke hearts. Then I add about a TBSP of balsamic vinegar.





try it.
Just use any salad dressing you are not allergic to.
Use a ranch dressing that is free from what you are allergic to.
mix it with a small can of vegetable broth then add other thing's to it
i already tried tuna salad without using mayo instead i used cream of mushrooms..it taste great!

No comments:

Post a Comment