Monday, August 23, 2010

I have a Christmas Salad recipe with ingredients but no instructions. Does anyone have this recipe?

Christmas Salad Ingredients: 16oz Cottage Cheese, 8oz Whip Cream (I don't know if it means whipping cream in the carton or whipped cream in the spray can!), 3oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, 1 large can crushed pineapple (drained), green and red maraschino cherries, and 1-pound marshmallows (melted). That is it. NO directions of any kind. I have searched for hours on the internet with no luck. Thank you!I have a Christmas Salad recipe with ingredients but no instructions. Does anyone have this recipe?
hmmm...no jello for this? pudding? usually this kind of recipe also has a jello or pudding component to it. Let's see...I think basically, you would just mix most of this stuff up...mix the cool whip (whipped for sure...sugar added maybe, too), cottage cheese, marshmallows and cream cheese (that will probably have to be softened a bit.)...I'd mix up all these 'white' ingredients and then, once mixed, add the fruit and serve...below are some links to other recipes that are similar.I have a Christmas Salad recipe with ingredients but no instructions. Does anyone have this recipe?
It sounds like a variation of Ambrosia. I usually make it with sour cream not cottage cheese but Ambrosia has an infinite number of combinations.





I think they mean cream that has been whipped not the liquid stuff. You could probably use Cool Whip instead.





I would cream together the cottage cheese, whipped cream and cream cheese. Add pineapples and cherries. Mix together and chill. Pour marshmallows over top before serving.





Sorry I couldn't be much help.
have you tried allrecipes.com? The have a part where you can list the ingredients and it will come back with recipes. I don't have it but I would say its probably done like this. mix whipped cream (cool whip) with the Philly cheese, cottage cheese and melted marshmallow this will make your base fold in pineapple top with cherries.It would kind of be like an ambrosia salad I make then.
It sounds like you don't have to cook anything (except melting the marshmallows) which is awsome and also you may just put all the ingredients together and your on your way. BUT two things to make sure on how to make this desert:





1. Always buy whip cream from the tub, never the can. Tub tastes much better. Or you could make your own...thats always fun. Also to make your whip cream taste homemade if buying from the store is to put 1 tsp of almond extract in it.





2. If you really want to look for awsome ideas how to put it together with adding or subracting ingredience is to go to cooks.com Its the best resourse I go to for regular people like us to get ideas!





I hope this helps and good luck...sounds good!





Kati Mn
After searching and searching for an answer to this question, I found one very similar... **in this one they mean 8oz. whipping cream! I figure they do in yours too because if you used whipped cream and marshmallows you would come out with some very VERY sweet concoction...**


1- Melt Marshmallows %26amp; cream cheese and cool. Add pineapple %26amp; cottage cheese to the mix after cooled down.


2- Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.


3- Add marshmallow mixture to whipping cream and mix just until covered.


4- Now you can sprinkle cherries on top or mix them in...your choice.





I really hope this helps!!!
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment