Monday, November 21, 2011

Macaroni salad recipes?

I hate the bitter, sharp taste of deli macaroni salad and I have no veggies to add to the salad, but does anyone have any good recipes?


My school used to make one that was amazing!


It was somewhat bland-ish but still had an amazing flavor,


I dont really like my mom's salad, which is basically garlic salt, mayo, and mustard. I think it's TOO bland and gross..





any help is great!Macaroni salad recipes?
You can make mac salad to your own taste. Make the mac and wash with cold water. Then add salad dressing, or mayo or ranch dressing. If you add mayo or salad dressing (Miracle Whip) you will add some milk to make it kind of saucy and creamy. Like making mac and cheese you add the milk to it. Then add your pepper to your taste. You can add what ever kind of veggies that you like. I do not add mustard to mine it adds that bitterness that I only like in my potato salad. I like corn, whole kernel and I also like to add diced peppers (bell) and onions (sweet) You can also add a dash of sugar. Dash of salt.





I hope this helps, just make it with a little this and a little of that till you think that the taste is perfect. Make it all your own.





You can also add a box of dried veggie soup that will add a wonderful flavor to it.Macaroni salad recipes?
Boil and drain one pound of shells or elbow macaroni according to package directions. Add a teaspoon or so of dehydrated onions to the boiling water along with the pasta if you like. Add one cup of frozen peas to the boiling pasta for the last 5 minutes if you have them and you like peas.





Cool the pasta under cold running water.





Mix one cup of mayo, one packet of dry ranch dressing mix, a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of real bacon bits.





Add to the pasta. Add more mayo if it seems dry and add a little milk if you like a creamier consistency.





Bert
Here is mine I make EVERY Thanksgiving!! Enjoy!!








1 Bag spiral pasta


1 Cup Miracle Whip


1/2 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk


2 Carrots - shredded


1 small green pepper - diced


1 small onion - diced








Cook the pasta til al dente; drain. Add the rest of the ingredients and a little salt and pepper. Chill for at least 3 hours.
i box elbow noodles cooked drained and cooled by running under cold water 2-3 boiled eggs chopped one small onion chopped 2tbls pickle relish mix with mayo also good to add a can of tuna

No comments:

Post a Comment