Monday, November 21, 2011

Can you substitute corn oil for olive oil in a potato salad recipe?

If I do use corn oil will it change the taste much?


I'm making this btw


http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/鈥?/a>Can you substitute corn oil for olive oil in a potato salad recipe?
My dear...





Use olive oil, cause it's the B E S T oil in the world !!!Soooo healthy due to it's unsaturated fats, Omega 3 and all...


It's just great!!! I soley use oilive oil for anything!!!





Good luck with preparing your meals!!!





All my love from Germany.... Annette****Can you substitute corn oil for olive oil in a potato salad recipe?
I looked at the recipe. It calls for 1/3 cup of oil. I'd go with the olive oil because it does contribute flavor.





However, I think you could substitute corn oil, but be prepared to punch up the seasoning a bit. The corn oil will be bland compared to extra virgin olive oil. You can probably do it, taste as you go, by punching up the mustard and/or the vinegar a bit.
Yes, there are actually not rules to cooking or preparing meals. The corn oil will alter the taste of the salad, but it is corn oil after all. What kind of oil do you think the Native Indians would have put on their potato salad, especially since olives do not grow in North America as abundantly as in Europe.
Yes you can use corn oil with good results.





The chefs use olive oil in most of their recipes for the health benefits of it. Its low in fat and good for you so most of the restaurants use it now.





hope this helps. good luck and enjoy.
Some people can really taste the difference in oils, others can't.





Before you put the corn oil on your salad taste some plain on a spoon. Sometimes oils taste stale or gross. If it tastes ok then use it. With the dijon it shouldn't make much of a difference.
I use such a teensy amount of oil anyways (if any at all), that it shouldn't make any difference! The majority of the sauce is mayonnaise %26amp; mustard anyways......
Yes


I really hate the smell (moldy) of olive oil..





You have so many spices,, the oil is nothing but to keep it from drying out..!!


The mustard alone,, will wipe out the flavor of the potatoes..
Of course, or canola oil is fine too.
I use Olive Oil in everything, no matter what and it always works out great.
Olive oil will work fine and probably taste better too. Hope it turns out well for you!
I think corn oil would taste more oily, Olive oil has a nice robust flavor.
I don't see why not. Should still taste good regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment