Monday, November 21, 2011

I was making a salad recipe that calls for watercress. I found what can only be described as a tiny snail...?

..at the bottom of the bunch of watercress. Do I have to throw all of it away? Will I get sick if I eat the watercress? I just picked all the leaves which took a really long time and I cant boil them to get rid of the germs because it's a salad. What do I do?I was making a salad recipe that calls for watercress. I found what can only be described as a tiny snail...?
Put the snail outside someplace damp and rinse the watercress. No worries!





I worked at a restaurant where they bought salad components in bulk. You'd be surprised how often flies and worms show up. Just rinse the stuff off. These things grow in dirt, with critters all over and around them...think about it.I was making a salad recipe that calls for watercress. I found what can only be described as a tiny snail...?
Don't be ridiculous! Of course it's safe to eat! Have you ever grown veggies in your yard? If so, then you know you have to really wash them because there are bugs here and there.





I love watercress! I put it in a sandwich with ham, provolone, red onion and pesto on a ciabatta roll. Yum!
If you are a vegetarian don't eat it. If you are not then no problem a little protein in Your salad. Seriously, it won't hurt you. I saw a report one time that said what percent of foods had bugs in it. Things like fresh vegetables, dried beans, and fruit. It is the other stuff that you have to worry about. I watched workers in California pick and package lettuce. when a worker had to pee it was done there on the field. there were porta- potties but they were across the field. I guess they just didn't feel like walking that far. Everyone wonders why people keep getting sick eating fresh vegetables. I DON'T
Oh sick! I would definitely throw them away and go back to the place you got them for your money back. Ick.
DONT WORRY ABOUT IT . JUST SOAK THE PICKED CRESS IN COLD WATER. THE SNAILS WONT HURT YOU. IF ITS ANY CONSOLATION, I ATE CHOCOLATE THAT HAD LIVE MAGGOTS IN ONCE. AND I'M STILL HERE .
The snail should bring you no harm.......as suggested just rinse the greens, also inspect them for more snails. If a guest gets one just say it's escargot, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment